Want to buy artificial grass? That’s great! But before you do, here are some important points that you need to remember when purchasing artificial grass.
Artificial grass is an excellent addition to your home. Not only does it free you from the burden of maintenance, but it also looks ten times better than real grass. But before you can reap all of these benefits, you need to know how to find the right artificial grass Brisbane for your needs.
There are different kinds of synthetic turf out there. Some are made for lawns, while others are more suitable as a home decoration. If you’re making your switch to artificial grass, making a choice can be difficult.
This article will provide everything you need to know about buying artificial grass!
The Right Budget for Artificial Grass
If you’re looking for artificial grass, then there are a couple of things to consider. First and foremost is your budget. If you want high-quality, premium synthetic lawns that will last years, then expect to pay more than if you were buying something on the cheap end.
The better quality material also means it will be sturdier, so when installing your new artificial turf, think about where it’ll go in terms of traffic and foot or vehicle traffic before making your purchase.
Saving money doesn’t mean getting lower-grade materials, though! It’s possible to get a reasonable level of synthetic grass without having to sacrifice durability or aesthetics.
Buying Artificial Grass – What to Look for?
Now that we’ve knocked budgeting out of the way, let’s talk about other areas you need to look into when buying artificial grass. Here are several factors you’ll need to consider:
- Pile Height:Higher pile height will be more durable and can withstand heavier foot traffic. We recommend the pile height to be between 30 to 37 mm. Anything below 30 mm won’t stand up to daily use.
- Density:The density of the artificial grass will affect how it looks and feels to walk on. The higher the synthetic grass is, the more durable and realistic it’ll be.
- Durability:Durability is something that you should take into account when buying artificial grass. The more durable the synthetic turf, the longer it’ll last and require less maintenance. However, keep in mind that some types of artificial grass may be better suited for your needs than others; a lawn.
- Pile Weight:Make sure you also consider the pile weight following the pile height. Heavier artificial grass Brisbane is usually fuller and has better quality. The suitable artificial grass will weigh around 3kg.
- Colour:There are different kinds of colour variations for artificial grass. You will find artificial grass with a more natural look, or you may want to go for the vibrant green colours. You can also opt out of colour and have your synthetic turf in its default brown tones.
Artificial grass Installation
Now that you know the qualities that come with choosing the right artificial grass, the next thing you need to know is how to install it. Here are three steps to install your artificial grass:
- First, you need to clean the area where you want your artificial grass.
- Next, layout the synthetic turf and cut off any excess that might be hanging over or poking through the edges of your installation area.
- Lastly, use a rubber mallet to push down on each section of artificial grass until it is firmly in place underneath itself and make sure there are no loose spots. You can also put weights on top if needed!
When installing your new lawn, remember not to walk on it for at least 72 hours after the installation, as this will compact the materials underfoot, which could lead to wear and tear more quickly than normal. If you have children or pets running around right away, try putting furniture pieces over certain areas.